Buildings and Compliance Lead
Working as part of the Facilities Team to ensure that all daily maintenance and compliance requirements are planned, quoted, and met across all of our services.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
HOURS 40 per Week
LOCATION: Based in Caterham but will involve travelling to other locations predominantly in Surrey and Greater London
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for all facilities activities across all service locations.
- Review and implementation of facilities processes, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Responsible for establishing close working relationships with supporting stakeholders ensuring they are happy with the service that is being provided.
- Responsible for establishing external relationships with landlords and specialist service providers.
- Responsibility for working within stated budgets for all facilities activities.
- Review, monitor and manage the performance of sub-contractors and any existing contracts in place.
- Work with Operations Manager to establish and monitor KPIs and SLAs internally and for external contracts.
- Deliver to all facilities related activities and ad-hoc projects.
- Regularly review utilities contracts and costs with a view to reducing costs and creating efficiencies.
- Control routine expenditure.
- Develop, maintain and test emergency planning procedures.
- Maintain the facilities ticket system in line with company requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced in facilities and Health and Safety compliance.
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills.
- Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to present information clearly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats.
- Minimum Level 2 in Literacy and Level 1 in Numeracy/Application of Number
- Strong ability to negotiate contracts and prices.
- Eye for detail and accuracy, and the ability to draft own correspondence.
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills. Able to evaluate tasks and manage priorities.