To provide Service Users with the highest standards of care and support. Ensuring they are always treated with respect, dignity and in a way that enables and promotes their independence as individuals. Ensuring Independence Homes’ policies and procedures are adhered to and requirements of the Care Quality Commission are met.
▪ To assist with the transportation of our service users for all service/locations.
▪ To support service users to be able to participate fully in community activities.
▪ To escort service users to those activities.
▪ To work as part of the staff team within a home when driving is not required.
You will be expected to demonstrate flexibility on hours, availability and location.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for the transportation and escorting of our service users.
- Working closely with the managers, ensuring that service users are transported to all timetabled events, including activities, therapies and hospital appointments.
- Supporting service users, with the help of other staff members, whilst on organised days out and scheduled activities.
- To provide support to service users with their medical, physical and emotional needs whilst travelling, including administering emergency medication when necessary.
- To manage service user disputes should they occur whilst travelling.
- To help maintain or develop specific goals for individual service users under the direction of the relevant manager, where applicable.
- General weekly maintenance of company vehicle.
- Working with other drivers (where applicable) in order to ensure that all shifts are covered.
- To work in accordance with the rota.
- To work at varying locations if required.
- To perform ad hoc duties when required, e.g. collecting and returning items to head office.
- When not driving to support the staff team with any duties as required.
- Recognise, monitor and treat service users’ seizures appropriately and according to protocol.
- Monitor side effects and benefits of medication and treatment.
- Administer medication as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Calm disposition.
- Must be reactive and proactive.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative where appropriate.
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Must be over 25 due to insurance cover required to drive vehicles.
- Willingness to work some weekends and unsociable hours.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Service user focus
- Learning and development
- Health and safety
- Managing and planning
- Company standards
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the role at present. It may be subject to change in light of future changes and developments within the business.