Specialist Epilepsy/ Registered Nurse
Working as part of the Medical Team to ensure that all our service users’ health needs are known and coordinated effectively, using a holistic approach.
This will involve ongoing assessment of their needs, liaising with multidisciplinary teams, training staff, arguing for their needs at external payment reviews and regularly monitoring and analysis.
It will also involve promoting the excellent service the Medical Team at Independence Homes offer.
REPORTS TO: Senior Epilepsy Nurse
HOURS 40 per Week and on-call Responsibility
LOCATION: Based in Caterham but will involve travelling to other locations predominantly in Surrey and Greater London
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of professionals, staff and family to ensure each service user is managed as effectively as possible in all aspects of their health
- Acting as an ambassador for Independence Homes.
- Support the manager of each service (including prospective services) with the day-to-day management of service users with severe epilepsy.
Writing protocols and guidelines for managing service users’ epilepsy and other medical needs.
- Training staff to understand service user’s medical needs.
Contribute to assessing the epilepsy needs of current and potential service users’ and supporting the manager to ensure that the service can meet those needs.
- Regularly reviewing service users’ epilepsy and other medical needs.
- Oversee and analyse how staff monitor and record service users’ epilepsy, including the use of alarm systems
- Liaise with primary care teams, neurologists, hospitals and A&E.
- Provide advice and support to service users and their families, staff, care managers and other professionals.
- Be part of a team providing an on-call service for medical emergencies.
- Monitoring therapy programmes to ensure that they are carried out effectively and reviewed regularly.
- Developing and managing new medical projects.
Training professionals, family members and service users in epilepsy.
- Maintaining links with other specialist nurses and other health professionals
- By Vishal
- Dec 27, 2017