The Service Manager is responsible for the safe operation of their assigned service/s. Responsible for managing a staff team of support workers, team supervisors and deputy manager (where applicable).
Accountable for ensuring the service operates at full CQC compliance, whilst ensuring the service users receive the care and support at an individual level, as set out in their Person Centred Plan (PCP). Ensuring service users are treated with respect, dignity and in a way that enables and promotes their independence as individuals, in line with Independence Homes values.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring the service has the required level of resources to support the service users. Including ensuring that the service is fully staffed according to agreed levels.
- Maintain the resource maps, working with the scheduling department.
- Monitor service provision, to ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation, in line with organisational, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with any changes, or new legislation affecting the provision of services.
- Delivery of training for inductees and existing employees, as required.
- Facilitate CQC inspections to ensure 100% compliant.
- Plan and attend service user reviews.
- Accountable for service based finances and budgets, in accordance with the finance department procedures.
- Support Quality Assurance activities of own and other services, achieving 100% compliance.
- Acting as a representative of Independence Homes at all times.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including medical professionals, care managers, families, advocates, therapists, prospective service users.
- Ensure individual service user documentation is kept up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Line management of allocated staff team, including conducting staff supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensuring a high quality of service user care and support is maintained at all times, in line with the PCPs.
- Developing the performance of others through effective coaching and line management.
- Conducting investigations and leading on formal performance management hearings for any employee issues, not limited to own service location.
- Ownership, review and editing of company-wide policies and documents, as required.
- Responsibility for ensuring all identified staff training is up to date and in accordance with their roles and needs of the service.
- Administer and deliver medication in line with senior medication training.
- Responsibility for the management of medication within service.
- Supporting referrals activities – including service visits and assessments.
- Support service users’ ongoing medical needs.
- Support service users who may require behaviour management.
- Previous health and social care experience at management level.
- NVQ in Health & Social Care – Level 4 / RMA or Level 5 Diploma, or currently working towards. Minimum requirement – Level 3.
- Full working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA), Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and Safeguarding frameworks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual. To provide direction to Deputy Managers, team supervisors and support workers.
- Self-confidence and able to manage challenging situations.
- Ability to address and respond to employee issues in a fair and consistent manner. Including informal and formal performance management.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum Level 1 in numeracy.
- Minimum Level 2 in literacy.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills, with a commitment to self management and continuous personal development.
- IT literate. Use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexible, professional and positive approach to multi-site working.
- Proven reliability in terms of full attendance and timekeeping.
- Full UK driving licence (preferred).
- Service User Focus
- Health and Safety
- Leading, Managing and Planning
- Company Standards
- Team Work
This job description is intended to provide an outline of the role at present. It may be subject to change in light of future changes and developments within the business.